A private university in suburban Pittsburgh, Robert Morris University prepares students for great careers and great lives. With more than 80 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, plus a variety of professional certificates and customizable programs for corporate and organizational partners, RMU builds on nearly a century of educational excellence. RMU provides 35 masters and doctoral programs, including 60 bachelor’s degree programs.
Programs at RMU
Robert Morris University courses are available in various fields like Engineering, Mathematics, Science, Education, Leadership, and various specializations. Many departments of RMU have global accreditations like AACSB International has accredited the School of Business. The Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET accredits B.S. programs in information sciences and computer information systems. In contrast, the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET accredits B.S. programs in engineering and manufacturing engineering. The Regional Research and Innovation in Simulation Education (RISE) Center of Robert Morris University is accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Healthcare Simulation Programs.
Top Reasons to Study in the Robert Morris University
Robert Morris University’s vision is to provide outstanding education and academic facilities for students to explore the professional world.
Robert Morris University scholarships and grants are provided to cover the difference between federal Yellow Ribbon Program benefits and tuition. RMU is a Military-friendly school with a Gold ranking in 2021 Military Friendly Schools.
Robert Morris University prepares students for placements well during the program. As per RMU’s Student Engagement Transcript,95% of the Class of 2020 employed have jobs in their field of choice. 86% of graduates completed internships or other work-related experiences. 77% of graduates work in a professional or managerial position.
Robert Morris University is ranked as one of the top 50 “Best Value Schools” among national doctorate universities by U.S. News & World Report. RMU rose nine positions to No. 194 in the top half of the 2023 national university rankings.
- Campus experience: 83 percent of freshmen live on campus. Located just 17 miles from downtown Pittsburgh, RMU’s campus is spacious, wooded, and safe. Here’ll you’ll meet students from across the country and around the world. Take part in any of our 120+ clubs and organizations, or start one of your own. Cheer on our 16 D-1 teams. And build a college life full of new experiences, friendships, and opportunities.
- Personal attention: Professors who know you by name and care about your future. Small class sizes, not cavernous lecture halls. Faculty who put teaching first. Put them together and you have a proven key to success in college.
How to write an Essay or Statement of purpose?
A Statement of Purpose for Masters is an essay that outlines the skills, experiences, and motivation of the applicants. The statement of purpose (Essay) for master’s courses can be totally based on your academic achievements and how your chosen degree is the next step towards your academic goals.
How to Write a Statement of Purpose for UG/PG Programs?
The format of a statement of purpose for masters can be broadly divided into 4 main components, or 4 Ps- Purpose, Past Experience, Program, and Personality. Guidelines may vary with programs and universities across the world but the admission committee mainly looks for these four parts in a motivation letter or personal statement.
A good statement of purpose for masters should clearly describe the goals and interests of the students. This could be done by answering the following questions:
- What do you want to study?
- Why do you want to study any particular program only?
- What are some of the research projects you have undertaken during your past academics?
- What attracts you to this field professionally?
- Discuss the skills and knowledge you wish to gain from the program.
- What are your plans after completing the program from RMU?
- Discuss your short-term and long-term goals.
- Relevant experience such as full-time job, training, internships, or achievement (Extracurricular activities during school).
- Courses studied in bachelors/10+2 related to the field of interest.
- Mention any additional skills you have or wish to acquire in the SOP.
The admission committee wants to get a deeper insight into your interest and inspiration behind choosing this particular program. This helps them to better understand whether you are a good fit for the university and program. Discuss the following key points to clearly state your motivations in a statement of purpose for Masters or Bachelors:
- Reason for studying at this particular college or university.
- Any particular part of a curriculum that you like.
- Any methodology of a department that interests you.
- Expectations from the program and the university.
- Your contribution to the program and university.
This is a more personal aspect of SOP for your interested program and focuses on the individualistic traits of the applicant. It could include:
Your interests, hobbies, etc.
- Any soft skills you have like communication, leadership with other team members, etc.
- One unique characteristic about you that the admission committee should know.
Statement of Purpose for Bachelors/ Masters
Writing Tips for Indian Students Statement of Purpose for Masters is like a supporting ladder to other documents submitted along with applications such as transcripts, resumes, certificates, etc. Its main theme should always revolve around the subject you are applying to. Some other tips you should keep in mind while writing SOP for any program from universities across the world are:
- Talk about your discipline with passion but do not overuse jargons.
- Ensure the smooth flow of content while transitioning from one paragraph to another for an effortless reading experience.
- Keep the language simple and lucid.
- Make it interesting and upbeat.
- Connect reader with a story instead of merely stating facts.
- Use assertive sentences and establish trust.
- Keep your statement of purpose short and crisp.
- Avoid paraphrasing or repetition of information
- Students are encouraged to include a well-written statement of purpose in their admission application to strengthen their chances of acceptance in the University.
USCIS Interview Preparation.
Kindly inform Gravity team 10 days before your interview. So that we can arrange a interaction session and can guide you for the same.
All you need to know before you reach RMU.
Kindly visit our website to know more https://www.rmu.edu/academics/provost/cge/resources-new
Related to your residence and insurance kindly visit our website or the link mentioned here.